You guys get a bonus post today, because Liz, over from Pumpkin and Peanut Butter, nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award! I first got to know about her blog when we were both contributors for A Vegan Holiday, and I swear we would be friends in real life. Earlier this week, we both posted about vegan lentil and bean chili. And I am anxious to try her recipes for things like Lentil & Butternut Curry Soup and Oatmeal Scotchies. Seriously, Liz, let’s be friends, and then invite me over for dinner!!
Anyway, onto the award. First, I’ll answer the questions Liz asked me, then I’ll get onto the rules and my nominees.
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
There are so many places I want to travel, but if I had to choose somewhere to go tomorrow, I’d probably pick Australia. I’ve always wanted to get there, and I would love to go snorkeling/scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Also, it’s summer there right now so they certainly have that going for them!
2. What is your favorite Oscar-nominated movie this year?
Confession time: I haven’t seen any of the pictures nominated for best film. Honestly, the only two movies that I’ve seen that have been nominated (and these aren’t even in the big categories) are The Lego Movie and Captain America: Winter Soldier. Picking between those two, I’d absolutely have to go with The Lego Movie!
3. City girl or country girl?
Suburb girl! But if I had to choose, I’d go with the city.
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love connecting with other bloggers! When I first started this blog, it was really for myself and the handful of family members and friends who I thought might be interested. As I’ve gotten more into it, though, I’ve really enjoyed finding other people who share my interests, and forging these online relationships.
5. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
Neil Patrick Harris. He just makes me so happy. And, just saying, it would be even better if he brought his adorable twins along for our meeting!
6. Vegetables or fruit?
That’s a tough one, but I’d probably say veggies. Don’t get me wrong, I love fruit, but I cannot go a day without eating my vegetables. It’s the main reason my husband calls me a rabbit.
7. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. I’m one of those don’t-talk-to-me-before-my-morning-coffee people. I do love tea, especially in the late afternoon when it’s cold out and I’m looking for something warm and cozy, but I would be a very, very sad girl without my coffee.
8. What is one goal you have for your blog this year?
Oh, that’s a tough one! I want to move to a self-hosted site, ideally, as well as increasing my readership, while continuing to connect with other bloggers. Is it okay to have three goals?
9. What is your drink of choice?
I pretty much always have water with me, but if I had to name my drink of choice it would probably be red wine. Either a Malbec or a cab.
10. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I turn on my Keurig; see question seven!
Now that you’ve had the chance to get to know me a little bit more, I’ll nominate a handful of women-run blogs that I love!
- Morsels and Moonshine
- The Friendly Fig
- Gluten Hates Me
- Emily Cooks Vegan
- Herbs & Spice & Other Things Nice
If you choose to accept the award, dedicate a post to it on your blog, answering the questions I’ve asked, and sharing the love with some other awesome female bloggers by nominating them and asking them some questions!
Now my questions for the nominees:
- What television show could you watch over and over again without getting sick of it?
- What is your favorite book/series?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Besides blogging, what are your hobbies?
- Extrovert or introvert?
- What would be your ideal vacation?
- Favorite meal: breakfast or dinner?
- What would be your superpower of choice?
- What is your go-to meal to cook?
- Are you an exercise person or not?
Thanks again, Liz, for nominating me for this!!