As I hinted yesterday, I’m a bit under the weather. Nothing horrible, but enough that I really don’t feel like doing anything. When I’m sick like this, there are a few things that I tend to rely on. So, without any further ado, here are my top sick-day must haves!
- Stash Peppermint Tea: This tea is perfect. It’s caffeine free so it doesn’t keep me awake when all I should be doing is sleeping, and the minty flavor is so soothing. I just put a tea bag in a mug, run my Keurig without any coffee in it, and I have a hot mug of tea in no time. This is especially helpful for middle of the night coughing fits! (gf and vegan)
- Trader Joe’s Rice Noodle Soup Bowl: It’s like gluten free ramen! Just fill the microwave-safe container with water, stir in the seasoning packet, and wait five minutes. When cooking sounds awful and all I want is soup without waiting, this is a life saver. (gf and vegan)
- Turkey Hill Vanilla Frozen Yogurt: I first discovered this fro-yo when I had whooping cough about six years ago and couldn’t swallow anything. It accompanied my mint tea in the middle of the night, or the middle of the afternoon, or for breakfast. Whooping cough was completely miserable, but this frozen yogurt made it at least a little bit better. (gf, vegetarian)
- Ricola Lemon Mint Cough Drops: World’s. Best. Cough drops. End of story. (gf, vegetarian, dairy free)
- Heated Blanket: Okay, I know this isn’t food, but it’s still an absolute necessity. A few years ago my mom got one for Christmas, and I adopted it. She got a second one for her birthday a few months later because she literally never got to use her present (sorry!). I now have my own. It’s zebra print, and kind of an eyesore, but it’s so warm and cozy so I don’t really care. Besides, zebras are from Africa and it’s warm there, so it makes sense, right?
What are your sick day necessities?